Re: [T3] a few questions

on 2/5/2001 3:43 PM, Benjamin Hess at hessticles@hotmail.com wrote:

> Just a couple of questions: first, I seem to be having trouble putting my
> heads back on. I have upgraded to 1835cc jugs and cylinders. When putting
> the rockerarms back on they hit the 2 center head studs. Has anyone else had
> this problem? I have a thin and thicker spacer under the rockers. Is this
> right, because there is nothing said about spacers in any book that I have?
> Does anyone have any little tricks when at this stage of an engine rebuild?
> Next, I am going to be running the same duel carbs that were on the 1776cc,
> do they need to be rejetted? Ok last one, I am going to put pop outs in my
> 71 square, does it already have the holes for the screws and hinges? Thanks
> a bunch for all the help.
I had the same problem on my engine. I just filed off the end of the stud,
but it depends how much it is hitting it by. You want to make sure there is
plenty of stud to put the nut and washer on, also be carefull of the filings
so they don't get anywhere where they will cause mischief. The spacers are
so that you can get the correct angle where the pushrods meet the rockers.

HTH,
Ben Doughney

'71 1302S