Re: [T3] new to the type 3 scene

On 1 May 2001, at 18:13, VWDREW@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all, I am new to the type 3 scene.  Over the winter months I
> got myself a 1966 Squareback for $50.00, it seems to be all there
> and in real good shape even though the engine is seized up.  I
> just got 3 different shop manuals for my VW at a show in the
> Seattle area over the weekend so now I can start learning how to
> work on it for the next few years or so,

Welcome to the list!

Study your manuals, don't get carried away with reading Hot VWs
and ask your questions here before you part with your money.
Start with the engine; just get it running. You need to do this so
you can discover what else needs to be fixed. There will be lots of
such things and you don't want to make your budget decisions
before you know exactly what you're up against.

Good luck!