Re: [T3] Darkside ideas for a new powerplant

Simon Glen wrote:

> However, the issue here I understand is the possibility of using a Wasserboxer
> crankshaft in a Type 3 motor because of their strength and reliabilty.

If I am not wrong, the original point here was to utilize the 2.1 wbx's 76 mm stroke
crank, i.e. get a stroker crank for a cheap buck.

> But, has anyone considered using the crankshaft from an air-cooled 1600 series CT
> motor.  This engine is a flat Type 3 style motor with single carburettor and was
> used on T3 Transporters (Vanagons) from Aug 1979 to Dec 1982.

I agree this engine would probably be better, but is rare in some parts of the world.
I have never seen one, I dont think that 1.6 was sold here at all.

PerL
73 Variant L