Re: [T3] Rear Panels

Jim,
To remove them with out damage requires patience and dexterity.  The "Type
3" script has two prongs which go into two holes in the front of the front
fender.  These prongs are fixed with rubber coated one-way clips - the
kind of clip that has to be coaxed off by gripping them with a pair of
pliers or a set of vise-grips and turning them backwards and forwards,
pulling them off very gradually at the same time.  If one gets impatient,
the prongs break and the script is virtually worthless.  To make matters
more difficult, one cannot see what one is doing as the script is fixed to
the front of the fender and one can only get one hand in to do the job.
The cramped position is made worse if the car's front wheel is still on.
So, it is worth removing the wheel if one can but this is not always
possible in a wreckers yard.

And, Per Lindgren, thanks for putting the picture of this script on your
site.  I don't have a scanner yet nor do I have a web site.

Regards,
Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia.