Re: [T3] Rear Panels

Jim Adney wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2001, at 17:58, Simon Glen wrote:
>
> > They are still around on cars that are still in use but when they
> > get to wreckers yards, these scripts tend to be broken off and baldy
> > damaged by people who think they can just prise them off with a screw
> > driver.
>
> What's the proper way to remove them without damage?

They seem to be fastened in the same manner as the script on the decklid of
Bugs, with the thick rubber/metal "clamps". I'm not sure, I have not
removed them from any car, and I dont have the fasteners. The scuff marks
on the stems are very similar to the marks on scripts removed from Bugs.
I'm sure Simon can tell the proper way.

PerL
73 Variant L