Re: [T3] Rear Panels

Tom,

If you can beg, buy or borrow a copy of "Volkswagens of the World", look
at the top of page 93 and you will see a close-up photo of the "Type 3"
script on the front fender of an Australian Type 3.  I think it is
rather neat.  It is on both front fenders and fitted to most Australian
Type 3s from approximately late1971 until assembly ceased in early
1974.  They are still around on cars that are still in use but when they
get to wreckers yards, these scripts tend to be broken off and baldy
damaged by people who think they can just prise them off with a screw
driver.  Their VW part number is 31A 853 027.  I have only one pair of
my own but I am always on the look-out for them when I check out
wrecker's yards.

If you can wait 24 hours, I'll get a similar picture of this "Type 3"
script scanned and E-mailed to you.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia