Re: [T3] side markers, butchered wiring

My '64 notch has a different variation on this due to a slight mis-match of
parts but still is meeting the original design intent, just with an added
twist.

 I used a '69 US spec. column head complete with ignition and turn signal
switches. I replace the TS because it was defective . The replacement had
the wiring required to use the side lights as parking lights. But the ign.
switch didn't have the required wire coming out of it that is only "hot"
when the key is off. So instead of hooking the + lead out of the TS to that
ign. switched wire, I hooked it to an always hot (non-switched)  terminal at
the fuse block.  The parking side lights work as intended but they now also
work when the car is in the normal driving mode and you signal a turn.
Instead of flashing they just light up and act as a turn light like on a
newer Caddy or other newer cars. Kinda kool and works for me.

Tom

http://home.att.net/~drsowatt/index.html