[T3] Axle noise?

 Hey guys, on my 72 T3 auto, when I am on the brakes
hard, ther is a rotational clicking/thumping that is
heard and felt in the rear, it has all new brakes in
the rear and the axle nuts are tight, the only thing i
can think of is i put a used early model diff on the
auto trans and it looks and feels like the axle
retainers that the axles bolt to might be loose, or
the axles are bad, what do you gurus and darksiders
think? Kris Taylor