[T3] Fuse Block / Push Buttons

Hello fellow t3'ers-

Let me begin by thanking all of you that have answered my questions over
the past year or so.  This list has provided me a great deal of insight
and information by simply reading the correspondence, in addition to
providing answers to my questions (despite my relative lack of knowledge
of VWs, type3's in particular!).

Slowly but surely, I am closing in on the time when I can roll my '64
notch out of the carport and be cruising in style. {:-)

Today's questions are about the 10 position fuse block that I am
installing.  I have p/n 131 937 505-1.  It appears to be identical to
the one in the wiring diagrams except that terminals 3 and 4 are
connected.

1.) Is this the correct fuse block?

2.) If it is not correct, it appears to me that I can simply cut the tab
connecting positions 3 and 4.  I am hesitant to cut it until I detrmine
it is the right thing to do.  Any problems doing this?

Regarding an issue from a previous posting of mine, it was indicated
that using the push button switch setup in a 12V system conversion will
shorten the life of the dash light dimmer  (I wish I knew of this issue
early on in my project... oh well!).  {:-(

3.) Is there any "fix" for this?
3a.) What is the cause of the reduction in lifespan?
3b.) What about changing the ceramic resistor on the back?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Regards,

daveb
'64 notch