Re: [T3] carb rebuild

when I take them
> apart for that, I will check that all of the jets and things are the same
> for each side.

If they are stock Solex, the mains are different after June '66:  the
left-hand main-jet is 2.5 bigger than the right; that is X130 / X127.5; from
Aug '68 it's X132.5 / X130.
Air correction jets are 150 / 120, which changed from '68 to 155 / 120.

Do track down the reason for 13 mpg; I doubt the leakage at the throttle
shafts will explain that either, as fuel only normally comes out there when
the engine is turned off; there's vacuum there usually, which just makes the
mixture weaker if anything.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/