RE: [T3] Lowering a T3 Notch

Thanks all for you help and feedback. I will get it sorted now. Thanks
again...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Hall [mailto:dave@hallvw.clara.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 11:48 AM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Lowering a T3 Notch

> First thing I would do is check your tire pressure. You should have
> no more than 20 in front and 30 in the back. It is likely that you
> have something like 26-8 all around and this will produce exactly
> the symptoms you describe.
>
> -
> Jim Adney

Agree, and that'll lower it half an inch too!  Could be play in the upper
torsion arms due to the clamping screw not holding on the stabiliser bar;
that's a pretty common problem.  Front ends are light, but not that bad
unless it's blowing hard from one side.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/