Re: (T3) Michelin XZX

> Amazingly, it seems that Michelin have resurrected the "X" name.  While
> my 1969 VW 411 has 165x15 Michelin "XZX" tyres, my 1992 VW T3
> Transporter Syncro van now has brand new185Rx14c Michelin "X" light
> truck tyres!

As well as making a lot of truck tyres as "X", Michelin also make "X"
aircraft tyres. They are not very common as most aircraft (as in airliners)
use crossplies/ bias ply tyres. I've only noticed them on A320 Airbus
aircraft.

(At this point I'd like to point out that I work in aircraft maintenance, I
don't have a passion for going round looking at tyres for the sake of it!)