Re: [T3] Jacking points (was: two questions)

On 21 Mar 2001, at 0:33, PunkDork55@aol.com wrote:

> > it's not *required* to jack up the car to replace the shocks.
>
> Really?  I thought you had to take the weight off of them.

Really. In fact VW recommends that, when installing the new ones,
you do the final tightening of the mounting bolts with the weight of
the car on the wheels. This sets the suspension in its normal
position so that the shock mounting bushings are under neutral
stress most of the time.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org