Re: Michelin XZX

Subject: Re: Michelin XZX

> On 21 Mar 2001, at 10:43, Simon Glen wrote:
>
> > The Michelin X, XAs and XZX tyres
>
> The XAS was a different, but similar tire. The second tire in your
> sequence should be the ZX.  ;-)
>
> I suppose the successor must be something like an XZXZ. ;-)
>
> I was disappointed when the X radial went away, but that must have
> been nearly 30 years ago! How many of us can still remember its
> introduction and the revolution it caused in tire construction? Most
> of the people on this list have probably never dealt with bias ply
> tires.

I still have the original "Continental 600x15" in the spare tire well of my
'71 FB. My first set of Michelin's were 155x15 "X" on a 1960 Type-1. I
swapped those tires to other cars som many times, I lost track of the miles,
but I know they had over 100k miles on them when I finally let them go.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/