Re: Michelin XZX

On 20 Mar 2001, at 20:12, Dave Hall wrote:

> > I don't think I ever had one give less than 125K, but I almost never
> > drive on gravel.
>
>  That's very illuminating, Jim.  I know USA cars don't need to turn
> corners - at least nothing sharp - but those mileages are far higher than
> could be achieved on UK roads with all the bends.  I hadn't realised just
> what a difference the lack of corners makes.  40K to 50K would be very
> respectable mileages for tyres here, even Michelins on 15" rims.

Gee, Michelin used to guarantee these for 50K and NO ONE ever got
that little. I may be older than the average person on this list, but
I still enjoy the occasional "spirited" drive.

I HAVE been known to drive the occasional tire down to the belt, but
I think the last ones I did that to were Pirellis, which lasted much
less, probably only 50K.

> Are you sure USA miles aren't smaller than ours, like the gallons?   Only
> kidding!

;-)

More likely it has something to do with my single crystal
Ukantaffordium rolling pyramidal garage.  ;-)