Re: [T3] fuel schtuff

On 19 Mar 2001, at 17:23, PunkDork55@aol.com wrote:

>     what should i use to clean my fuel tank.  im pretty sure its
> rusted inside, so, im going to drain it and pull it out.  what
> chemicals or stuff should i use to clean it out?  i was thinking of
> finding one in the junkyard, but i think it would probabaly not be
> a whole lot better than mine.  also, are all the fuel lines the
> rubber, braided hoses?  i know thats the line down at the engine
> end, but im not sure about where it goes into the tunnel.

It's probably not as bad as you fear. Remove the fuel gauge sender
and look around there with a flashlight.

There is a long steel tube that runs from front to back in the tunnel,
but the connections at the front and rear are made by rubber hose.
There is virtually no pressure here on a 67, so almost anything that
will stand up to gasoline will be fine.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org