Re: Re:Tires

> About the treadwear ratings on tires, just because the treadwear rating
isn't
> high, doesn't mean the tire is of bad quality, it can just mean that the
tire
> is more soft, and therefore more sticky on the road; which in many cases
> isn't bad for a tire!

That would depend on the road/air temperature too; probably XZX work well in
the UK's modest summer temperatures (about the same as winter in coastal
Calif!).

FWIW:  My oldest running XZXs are about 14 years old, and the youngest about
8.  They've been shared by two Type 3s so I'm not sure how many miles
they've covered; maybe 20 to 30K.

As I said, it depends on what sort of use they get.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------