Re: [T3] rear supension needs help

On 18 Mar 2001, at 23:28, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>     I also removed the linkages from the rear "Z" spring.   It was
> clunking due to lack of rubber bumpers and the pivot bushings.
> I've got the bumpers replaced and need to make/find some
> replacement bushings.

I sold some stuff to someone a few years ago and threw in a few
old Mercedes shock bumpers which we thought might replace
these parts. You might check at a muffler/shock shop, or NAPA to
see if they have generic spares. I might still have something here,
too. I seem to recall some other Mercedes buffers that were long
and convoluted; perhaps one of these could be cut into shorter bits
for your Z-bar.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org