Re: [T3] Ignition Switch - '67 FB

From: "Joe Plowick III" <type3lvr@ij.net>
Subject: Re: [T3] Ignition Switch - '67 FB

> > You might consider doing an upgrade to a newer steering column. I think
it
> > is getting very hard to find the parts for the 66-67 columns as they
were
> > completely different than the newer ones. '66 was the first year for
T-3's
> > in the US, so they will be rare even in the salvage yards.
>
> Actually I had thought about doing that, but wasn't sure if that would
work.
> Do they mount up the same?

You would need the complete column assembly. I think the mounting holes in
the lower edge of the dash are the same. The newer cars had a "break
away/collapsing" column. You will need all the mounting brackets and clips.
And you might need to do some adaptions. Just be sure the one you get has a
good switch in it.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/