Re: Day/Night Mirror and segue into outside ones

On 16 Mar 2001, at 18:29, Tom Hansen wrote:

>   What about outside mirrors? I am in possession of 3 different
> styles of outer mirrors, all of which are pairs (left short stemmed
> and right long stemmed) for left hand drive cars. I know of 4
> styles and the ones I don't have are the "cat's eyes" style. I have
> the late rectangular ones, the pear shaped ones and what I think
> could be rarer, some rectangular ones that do not swivel to adjust.
> Those require a wrench to loosen a nut which allows the ball to
> pivot . I say only because I have only ran across a couple of
> people that have seen or know of them.

I think these latter ones that require the wrench are the ones
supplied in 68-9. They have an outer pivot that will swing L/R, but
to adjust them up/down you have to loosen the locknut to the door,
pivot them, and then relock.

Are these the ones you mean?