Re: [T3] Type III advice

As an owner of too many project type 3s I can say with authority that what
you've got sounds like a parts car.  Of course it is possible to fix
anything with enough patience,time and $$$ but you will always be further
ahead to save up your cash and buy the best car around.  Metal replacement
panels are very scarce and the only pieces that are readily available are
the rocker panels.  Depending on the year of your car you can look for rust
in the bumper mounts, the back lower corners of the body (look behind the
Voltage Regulator under the rear seat and in the same spot on the driver's
side,)  and way up high near the cab in the inside of the front fenders.  As
far as the carbs go if your car is an Australian model I have heard that
they never did switch to Fuel Injection but I could be wrong.  Otherwise it
would mean that you injection system has been dumped in favour of carbs.

Good luck!
Andre