Re: [T3] oil cooler re use

Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 1:11 PM
Subject: [T3] oil cooler re use

> Hi all,
>
> I'm rebuilding my SB 1600 after it dropped a valve and
> chewed up #3 piston last year.  The oil was full of
> metal shrapnel... question is, what suggestions do you
> all have for cleaning out the oil filter?
>
> Thanks,

I usually do a very thorough back-flush. Run solvent through the cooler
backwards. If you can find someone with a solvent tank that has a pumped
solvent system, (Safety Clean) see if they will put their hose into the
outlet port and let it run for a few hours. Then do a thorough job of
blowing it out with an air hose.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/