Re: Day/Night Mirror

I have mirrors from my 65 an 66 Squares and 63 and 69 Notchbacks.  Of course
there is a chance that one mirror or the other has been changed but I don't
think so.  My 65 square mirror has a weird reverse hook on the stem.  It
looks like it should be a coat hanger but faces downwards.  It has the 361
part #, most peculiar...My 66 mirror has the extra stub.  Based on what I
have around here's how it looks to me:

-Notches and fasties NEVER got the extra stub on the stem and the stem is
shorter than on a corresponding year's squareback mirror.
-Up to and including 65 we had brushed aluminum finish mirrors held in place
with screws.
-66 we get chrome mirrors, still screw in.  Squareback mirrors get the extra
stub on the stem.
-67 I'm not sure but I suspect is the same as 66.
-68 we get ivory stem 'breakaway' mirrors.
-69 we get day/night mirrors.

Beyond 69 I don't know but I believe in 73 there were at least optional
black mirrors.

Who would've thought this thread could be so complex!?!

Andre