Re: [T3] Fastback trunk light

On 14 Mar 2001, at 8:52, Douglas_Brashear@amsinc.com wrote:

> Well, this morning I fixed the door switches that trigger the interior light to
> come on...but now I have another problem.  The light inside the rear trunk
> doesn't seem to come on ever.  I'd like to diagnose this problem, but I need to
> know the conditions under which the light should come on.

I'm not sure about this, but I THOUGHT that the rear light switch
got its power from the interior light, which gets power all the time.
This would mean that if your interior light works, then the only other
thing you need would be a good bulb, a good switch, and good
grounds in the back.

Early cars may well be different from your 73.

I don't think the left door switch has anything to do with it. There
are 2 sets of contacts in the late driver's door switches. One set
turns on the interior light, while the other turns on the warning
buzzer if the key is still in the ignition.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054