[T3] Still learning....

Greetings all....
   My conversion from FI to dual Weber ICT's w/ new 009 dizzy and compufire
ignition worked...mostly. It starts, it idles, it sounds great, it
essentially runs. However, I've noticed that upon starting, it sometimes
lets loose a great ploom of white smoke, at higher rpm's it begins popping,
and isn't as peppy as I would expect. In timing it I advanced it 10 to 15
degrees (at 0 TDC it started choking..), perhaps too much or too little? And
I do believe I need to adjust the air/fuel mixture. My question is is there
anything, in all of your collective opinion, that I may have missed...it's
close, but not quite. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...I'll keep
fiddeling with the timing and mixture until I get it...I hope. Many thanks
in advance.

Keelan Glenn
'71 Squareback