[T3] new fastback (kinda long)

well, I got my new red 67 Fastback home yesterday.  It ran really rough and
stalled when rpms dropped.  it has dual solex carbs and is supposedly an
1835cc engine.  i replaced the plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, and coil all
with bosch parts, and i installed one of those electric points system things.
 i started it up and it ran really rough and then died, and then it would
crank, but it wouldnt start.  now it doesnt start.  I dont get it. please
help me.
    i think ill get new points and a new condenser and put those in instead
of the electric system and see if ther problems there ( i also need to
replace the fuel lines because theyre brittle and cracking at the ends)  im
also going to check for rust in the tank.
    what kind of shocks should i put in the back?  one of them was broken
when i got it home.  And the wiring is a mess.  somebody was trying to do
something and ended up butchering pretty much everything.  the ignition
switch is being held on to the left side of the steering column by a zip tie.
 how hard is it to install a brand spankin new harness?
    ill have more questions soon, but thats all for now.  thanks,
        Jerrod