Re: [T3] Black Smoke and Burning Smell

	Black smoke is from too much gas -- the mixture is too rich, most
likely.

	Since it's quick and easy, it might be a good idea to make sure
that the manifold pressure sensor hose is well-connected at both ends.  If
this is disconnected, it'll tell the brain to have the injectors dump loads
of gas -- it thinks you've got the throttle wide open.

	I once knocked off this hose on my '71, and it took me all
afternoon to figure out what I'd done.  The car had been running fine, but
with the hose off, it would barely start, wouldn't keep running, and would
dump terrible amounts of smoke.

-Greg

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org