Re: [T3] OE single carb

>>the OE single carb ?  do any of our listee's have anything they could
hook me up with? how much would that run me?<<

They come up on eBay occasionally NOS. Bill & Steve's also has them off
and on. You'll need the carb, manifold, air cleaner, and a rubber elbow
between carb and air cleaner (which can be very hard to find), plus all
the related hardware. All of this could run you $500 NOS if you can find
it, maybe around $200 used and needing rebuild. Also, the accelerator
cable is a different length and the throttle has a unique return spring.
You'll probably need different engine cooling tin, or need to modify
yours, and you might have to relocate your coil. Single carb T3s had
different distributors than the other T3s but a 009 will also do the
job.

>>and does it stick up through the hatch?<<

Nope.

I think a set of OE dual carbs would be a better bet. More power and
much easier to find.

Scott
62 343, 65 361

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org