Re: [T3] Type 3 in the Mexican

On 8 Mar 2001, at 20:05, Wayne Collins wrote:

> As far as I'm aware '68-'69 had the smaller wrap around indicators whilst
> '66 and earlier had the bullet type.  All the '70 and above were the larger
> wrap arounds.  I'm not sure if '67 had the bullet type or the small wrap
> around indicators.

I'm sure of:
In the US, 68-9 had amber bullets, 70-3 had large amber wraparounds.

Less sure of:
In the US, 66-7 had small wraparounds. (Amber?)

Earliest cars had clear bullets.

I think people get confused by this because both the bullets and the
wraparounds came in 2 separated eras, interspersed with each other.
While one might logically assume that the bullets were the early ones
and the wraparounds were all later, this simply was not the case.

OTOH, outside the US there apparently the timing was different for
some reason.

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org