Re: [T3] Engine Questions

On 7 Mar 2001, at 22:48, Jedediah Millheiser wrote:

> i have a question.  what would you need to do to a T3
> engine to be able to cruise at 75 for extended
> periods(i.e. 50 mile+ drives).  i live in an area that
> the next town is 50 miles away and we have 75mph speed
> limits(which few people obey.  im one of the few that
> do)

Absolutely nothing special. Just make sure that it is all set up
correctly and that everything is adjusted correctly and working.

While I mentioned that these cars will do 100 mph, I wouldn't want to
leave the impression that this is a good idea. I find them skittish
at that speed and the safety and legal consequences are considerable.

That said, I drove for 3 hours between 90 and 95 mph in my new 68 MT
FI type 3 square in 1968. That was in <Montana or Wyoming, whichever
had no daytime speed limit at that time>. Since the car was new, the
suspension was as good as it would ever be, but the tires were the OE
Fulda bias ply, and not particularly good. The car and engine were
absolutely fine.

Pitch in!  Send your pledge of support!  mailto:support@vwtype3.org