From: Jaranson, John (J.W.) [mailto:jjaranso@ford.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 1:59 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: RE: [T3] Underdash shelf or center console.

Yeah, the shifters (AT vs MT) are in the same location, but the base unit
(with the PRNDL in it) for the automatic is considerably larger.  It is
maybe 4 inches wide by 8 inches long. The "throw" of the shifter is also
greater on the automatic, I believe.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)