Re: [T3] squareback in Hot VWs

Subject: Re: [T3] squareback in Hot VWs

.

> This is a very old trick, but it doesn't work as well as it seems it
> should. Avgas octane is measured on a very different octane scale, so
> you aren't getting the octane you think you are. It's very expensive,
> but this is because it is much more carefully refined, stored, and
> controlled. You can't take any chance on getting a little water in
> some gas destined to be used at 10,000 ft.
>
> -
We have a chain of Convenince stores here in the midwest that has some high
octane pumps. "Casey's General Stores" The owner of Casey's drag races in a
class that requires "pump gas", so he put the Cam2 racing fuel pumps at some
of his stations, and can call it "pump gas". It is like $3.50 a gallon
compared to $1.39, but when you own the store. ?????

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/