Re: [T3] Underdash shelf or center console.

DrewG=> I though I saw an under the dash shelf
=> at one time. I think it was made out of wicker.

These are usually called parcel trays or parcel shelves, and they are
available in the bamboo version you've seen or a nylon?-net-over-metal-frame
version, both of which were VW options, as well as hardboard shelves which
were not, as far as I know. Note that Type 1 shelves won't fit, but those
for Type 3s are not that difficult to find and not all that expensive
($100-150). Finding a used net shelf without holes could be a challenge. I
haven't heard of those being reproduced, while the bamboo shelves are. You
can even get them for Type 34s!

=> If not that is there a center console?

I've seen them in fibergalss and homemade from plywood, which I prefer. It
never occurred to me that automatic/manual might matter -- the shifters are
in the same place on automatics, aren't they?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Big Ghia