Re:front marker lights/turn signals

I'm wondering about front marker light "inter-changeability" ... because the
ones on my '72 Square are huge & hideous, and I've seen earlier T3's with
more attractive assemblies that don't jut out quite so far ...  will these
earlier lights bolt up to the opening I've already got in my fender?  Or are
there any custom lights available that will?  The car's already got a few
custom exterior doodads, so I'm not worried about maintaining any sort of
genuine stock appearance.
Any ideas?

Timmy
Jax, FL