RE: [T3] Advice on Type 3 purchase.

'69 is a great year. IRS, short nose old body style, 12V. I don't believe
all models were FI in '69 - list? What's your opposition to FI?

I think Squarebacks are the most plentiful in the States. Then
Fastbacks. Notchbacks were not imported by VW into the states.

Remember some same year cars have interchangeable parts from the doors
forward (Square, Fast, Notch). Some parts are interchangeable between years.

I'd check for rust under the windshield seal, around the headlight buckets, and at the
bottom rear of the front fender well (on the inside, body and fender).
Look also in the usual places: battery area, under carpet on the pan.

Phillip Bradfield - Portland, Oregon

http://www.volkshaus.com

'63 Notchback w/ 68 pan - waiting for brake,electrical, and carb work
'68 Squareback - waiting for '67 euro fenders and front clip
'69 Squareback - with new 2.0l wheels.
'?? T-3 Sandrail