Re: [T3] T-3 Sandrail

At 12:10 AM 3/3/01 -0800, Phillip Bradfield wrote:
>I need rear hubs. I've read that T-3 drums will fit a T-1. Is it only the
>drum that is interchangeable? Or, can I use complete T-3 parts for the rear
>brakes? I've recently aquired (for free!) a sandrail (fugitive frame,
>aluminum tank, CNC pedals, nice seats w/covers, quick release steering
>wheel, and IRS setup) and it was robbed of the rear brakes by the P.O.. It
>was also sans-engine.
>
>Also, I've read, somewhere that 944 rear disc brakes will fit a T-1, will
>they fit a T-3? You see where I'm going with this. I'd like to have disc in
>the rear (nothing in the front). I'd really like a Jamar disc set up, but my
>budget won't allow it.

Not just the drums, you need the entire T3 rear brake hardware. Backing
plates, shoes, springs, slave cylinder, hub, drum ... the works. It all
bolts relatively painlessly onto a T1.  The 944 -> T1 disc brake conversion
also applies to T3 (and I think to T2 as well).  If you run across a 944 in
the boneyard someplace, check out the trailing arms as well -- I don't
remember if it was all 944s or only the turbo, but you might find aluminum
trailing arms hiding back there that you could use as well.