[T3] charging problem

1. I recently had my generator light come on brightly. I had the stock 12V
generator rebuilt for what i feel was a reasonable price. I also replaced
the voltage regulator with another one I had laying around. Now when I step
on the brakes the Gen light glows lightly. If the lights are on it gets even
worse. Does any one have any suggestions??
2. Recently while driving down the road my fasty feels like it has lost a
cylinder or 2. It still runs but sputters and backfires. If I slow down to
about 55-60 mph in 4th, with a freeway flier tranny it smooths out but still
doesnt have much power. I took a look today and noticed that the coil wire
to the distributor was loose. So I pushed it back on snug. Away the fasty
went smooth as ever. Then going down the freeway at about 75 it did the same
thing. It is a stock dual-carbed 1641.

I appreciate any help I can get.
Erik
65 fast