Re: [T3] 8 track...

In a message dated 3/2/01 12:56:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vwfye@hostpro.net writes:

<< My Fasty has a dealer installed 8 track...the radio plays perfectly,
 but the tape player is muffled.  >>
-------------------
Have you tried any other tape in the player? As old as these type of tapes
are...need I say more. If you determine it is the tapes & not the player, the
case can be slit in half (top & bottom) & 're-wound' by hand. This loosens
the tension & it would be a good idea to clean out some accumulated dirt. If
it is the player, there are cleaning solutions avaliable but alchol & Q-tips
work well. Clean the head(s), rollers & capstan. The head(s) on them are also
adjustable. This involves taking the cover off, connecting to a 12 VDC power
supply with speakers connected, inserting the tape & adjusting the head as
the tape is playing. This may also increase the volume.

Tom