Re: [T3] Still leaking.

On 1 Mar 2001, at 12:58, Mark Healey wrote:

> I see a number of possibilities.
>
> 1) There is quite a bit of rust under the vents I'm hoping that it
> hasn't rusted through.

If it has, you can fix this with roofing tar.

> 2) The P.O. put an antena on the same piece of sheetmetal as the
> vents.  I don't know the path the wire took or if he grommited it.

Unless he put it in the middle of the car, I don't think this is your
problem. I guess it COULD leak in around the antenna and follow
the wire to some point toward the center and drip down.

> 3) I may have moved the gasket on top of the fan houseing when I
> replaced it.

A possibitlity.

Or there just might be a leaf somewhere that has floated over the
drain hole, blocking a hose which is otherwise unobstructed.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054