Re: [T3] Sapphire cutting out

On 28 Feb 2001, at 23:50, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>     My trusty Sapphire XVIII AM radio has begun intermittently going
> dead.  There is no external change or cause (it has power, ground and
> speaker).  When it is dead, if I turn up the volume all the way, and
> put my ear right up to the speaker, I can just barely hear the radio.

Watch it at night to see if the dial light goes off when the radio
goes dim. If it does, then it's a power (wire, fuse, switch) or ground
(should be a separate radio ground wire, brown) problem. If not,
then it's internal to the radio and unless you're skilled at this kind of
stuff you should call around to see if you can find someone in your
area who fixes old car radios. This should be easy to fix compared
to modern digital AM-FM-Stereo auto radios.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054