Re: [T3] Question on Perfect 65 notch

On 29 Jun 2001, at 21:45, Dave Hall wrote:

> Was the dual carb,
> > "normal" compression 1500 (54BHP) engine the 1500S?

> If the engine number starts 'R' it is a 1500S (case at least!).

Huh? I don't see ANY "R" engine prefix listed in my microfilm, BUT
now that I look at my "Without Guesswork" I see that it IS in there.
I don't recall anyone mentioning this before, and it looks like it
would be a major omission. Can anyone else verify this?

At any rate, it looks like VW didn't start any of the other letter
engine prefixes until MY '66, so this 65 probably doesn't have it.

Who can tell us more about the R prefix?