Re: [T3] Cracked Case

Jason,

I have seen many cases with this sort of crack in exactly the same
position.  To my knowledge it can never be properly fixed.  Being made of
magnesium alloy, any attempt to weld these Type1, Type 2 and Type 3 cases
will only end up with cracks occuring on the sides of the original crack.
I've seen attempts to fix the problem with "Araldite" glue and even with a
fibreglass patch, all to no avail.  Some Type 1 and Type 3 motors built by
factory for fuel injection motors have this particular part of the case to
the right of the main bearing seal reinforced with extra thickness at time
of casting.  Sadly, I think you need a new case.