Re: "Day Mouldings" Wings????

Dear Bob,

I was the one who intiated this "Day Mouldings wings" issue.  So, my
apologies for any confusion.  In the first E-mail I mentioned the word
"wings" and put the word "fenders" in brackets afterwards because I think
that is what they are called in the USA.  However, I understand that
depending on local terminology a "wing" = "fender" = "mudguard" =
"kotfleugel".  Whatever we call it, in the case of Type 3s, we are talking
about that bit of sculptured steel panel that includes the headlight and
extends from the bumper bar rearwards to the front door and has a
semi-circular hole in it for the front wheel.  The rear wing or fender would
extend from the rear bumper bar forwards to the rear of the door and includes
the tail light cluster and has a hole in it for the rear wheel.

"Day Mouldings" is a British company that made GRP or fibreglass replacement
wings or fenders for VW Type 3 and Type 4 cars.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba,  Australia.