Re: "Day Mouldings" Wings

> If the Day Mouldings moulds are still in existence it would be worth
getting
> hold of them if available. Maybe we could club together to buy them? or
> though as Dave points out storage might be a problem. I'd be interested to
> know what the score is.

I think 15mm is what you see at the wheel arch edge - most of the rest is
around
3 to 4mm I'd guess.

You would be unlikely to get a moulding company to put the care and effort
in that George Day did without them charging steel wing prices, I'd have
thought.  He had also been saying for a while that the Type 3 moulds were
getting tired; I don't think he's been offering the early ones for some time
now.

Plenty of money in the club funds.  There's probably enough to pay to ship a
Type 3 and crew over for the invasion and back again, but it might get
questioned at the next AGM.   Now that's an idea to get better attendance at
the AGM.  ;-)

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/