Re: [T3] fuel sender

On 28 Jun 2001, at 14:15, Dave Campen wrote:

> > What I found on my sender, was that the ground side of the resistance wire
> > was not making good contact. The rivet where the brass spring piece is
> > attached, was corroded.

> I had the same trouble with mine, but I was feeling brave, so I replaced the
> rivet with a small nut and bolt after cleaning the contact surfaces.

I've gone thru several generations of repair methods with these, but
the latest and easiest is to just solder a thin wire to the lug at the
ground end of this wire and feed that wire out thru the slit in the
side of the can. From there just let it run between the gasket and
the sender flange. When the sender is clamped in place this wire
will be clamped against the sender flange and will be grounded.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054