From: Henrik Larsson
Subject: [T3] Collecting stamps
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 00:25:18 +0200
Maybe I should start collecting stamps instead.... I was removing the
backing plates ('68 Notch) today and found that some PO had destroyed
the threads in the steering knuckle. He then simply drilled the
remaining threads out and the steering arm is now only held by the nut
that holds the backing plate. Is this safe, or am I looking for a new
steering knuckle?
By the way, the small bolt that holds the backing plate is a M7! Why
didn't VW use a M6 or M8 instead?
Henrik Larsson, Sweden
'64 and '68 Notches