RE: [T3] Rear Wheel Bearing Removal

> Subject: [T3] Rear Wheel Bearing Removal
>

> I would like to replace the rear wheel bearings on my '63
> Notch while I've
> got everything apart.  Is there an easy way to get them out of there?

There is a special puller to remove the rear wheel bearings on a swing axle
trans. It hooks inbetween the the balls of the race. When you remove the
bearing, make sure the axle DOES NOT slide out away from the transmission.
There is a possibility that the fulcrum plates inside the spider gears in
the differential can get out of place. This then entails a removal of the
complete axle assembly to reinstall. I speak from experience. I do have the
proper puller if you need it.

Russ Wolfe
russ_wolfe@MAHLEParr.com

Mahle Parr Filter Systems