Re: "Day Mouldings" Wings

Dan Allum,

In your last E-mail on the Type 3 List you referred to "Day Mouldings"
fibreglass wings.

In 1998 I was desperate to find some reasonable condition front wings (fenders)
for my 1969 VW 411 which was then nearing completion of a long restoration.  I
came to Europe and searched for reasonable condition wings in Germany and
Britain but to no avail.  Then, at the last minute before returning home to
Australia a lady in near Canterbury (perhaps the world's best expert on Type
4s) contacted me and told me she had obtained a pair of "Day Mouldings"
fibreglass wings for me.  This saved me and my car.

However, my query here is: Do you or anyone else on the List know where these
"Day Mouldings" wings were made and were they also made for Type 3s?  Are they
still available for Type 3 and Type 4 vehicles?

Simon Glen
Toowoomba,  Australia.