RE: [T3] clutch release lever spring r+r

> Subject: [T3] clutch release lever spring r+r
>

> My question about this method:  How far does this shaft move and is it
> possible to move the shaft out too far and get in trouble.  I
> really don't
> want to have to drop the engine.  As soon as I get off work
> today I'm going to
> try this method and hopefully get the clutch cable back on
> the hook and pedals
> installed.  I've replaced a clutch cable before and used a
> piece of twine to
> keep tension on the cable while installing the pedal. I had
> an idea last
> night.  Wrap a breadbag tie(you know the paper covered wire)
> around the clutch
> cable end to hold it on to the pedal hook.  That would keep
> the clutch cable
> from slipping of during install of pedal assy.  What do you
> think?  Any
> suggestions for the best way to conquer this problem?

Just don't slide the arm out any farther than you have to to get the spring
off. If you do a bunch of prying, you might knock the TO bearing off inside.
As to holding the cable on the hook, I usually just wrap a rubber band
around it, and then make sure the pedal stays in the down position while
doing your thing under the car.

Russ Wolfe
russ_wolfe@MAHLEParr.com

Mahle Parr Filter Systems