Re: [T3] re fuel milage to good

> BTW, I'm really pleased to hear of someone else who keeps a
> mileage notebook. I've been doing this continuously since the mid
> 60s and find that it's a really good way to notice when something's
> going wrong.

At last, a difference between Jim and me!  I remember starting to do this
back in the mid-sixties, and I still check consumption from time to time,
but I don't record every fill-up.

Mind you, I recently put all the last 3 year's fuel receipts for my wife's
'89 Jetta 1.8GL (carb) in a spreadsheet, and the winter to summer difference
was remarkable.  Around 38 mpg in summer down to 27 mpg in winter.  It's
often used for less than 3-mile journeys though, so the choke is clearly
having a big effect in cold weather.  (PS Take off about 20% from the mpg
for US gallons).

I guess the Variant would show the same if it was used for such short
journeys in 'cold' weather.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/